This method using the Instant Pot cooks the baby back ribs under pressure to yield tender meat. You end up giving less time and attention compared to braising, which can take over 2.5 hours.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe
SERVINGS: 4 – 6
TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ingredients1 rack of baby back ribs (about 2.5 lbs) 2 tsp kosher salt 1 tsp ground pepper ⅓ cup hoisin sauce ⅓ cup honey ⅓ cup soy sauce (light or dark, according to preference) 2 Tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger ½ tsp. five-spice powder 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut the rack between the bones into individual ribs.
- Season with kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Mix the hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, and five-spice powder in the pot.
- Toss ribs in sauce to coat, then set the ribs in a teepee formation.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid, making sure the steam release valve is in the sealing position. Select “Manual” and program for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- When the time is done, turn off the cooker. Move the steam release valve to venting or “Quick Release” position, and unlock lid. The ribs should be tender enough to easily pierce with a knife. Transfer ribs to a plate or platter.
- Select “Sauté” and cook the sauce for about 10 – 15 minutes until it’s reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°. Set a wire rack over a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet or simply cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Coat the ribs in the sauce from the Instant Pot and arrange on the baking sheet bone-side up. Roast 3 – 5 minutes, then flip and roast an additional 3 – 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!